Answered By: Astrid Love Last Updated: Jun 30, 2020 Views: 42
Due to concerns regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) the Harvard Graduate School of Design has closed its campus buildings. After Friday, March 13, the library will be physically closed.
Frances Loeb Library Librarians will work remotely to answer questions regarding library materials with the resources they have available to them. Below outlines our changed services.
If you need materials:
- Physical materials: Harvard Library has opened for limited pick-up of materials at Lamont Library. Patrons may request materials from Widener Library, Lamont Library, and the Harvard Depository in HOLLIS. Click here for more information.
- Electronic materials:
- HathiTrust's Digital Library has scanned versions of many books for which e-copies do not otherwise exist. For HathiTrust, log in using Harvard University's institutional access to search for any digital copies HathiTrust has of Harvard's physical collection.
- You may submit Scan & Deliver requests for book chapters and journal articles, and we will try to fill as many requests electronically as possible.
- Scan & Deliver requests may be placed through HOLLIS. If the item you're interested in is eligible, the Scan & Deliver link will appear in the item record.
- You may also submit a Scan & Deliver request manually via your Scan & Deliver account.
- The Remote Design Research Guide created by Loeb Design Library librarians has numerous other links and resources for remote research.
- If an electronic version of an item exists, we may be able to purchase the item. Please fill out a Purchase Request Form for the item. If unsure if an electronic copy of the item exists, reach out through Ask a Design Librarian and we will search for it.
If you have materials checked out:
- Returns: Hold on to everything you have. This includes books, Borrow Direct and Interlibrary Loan materials, DVDs, periodicals, etc. There’s no way to return anything right now.
- Fines: All recall fines that accrue while the Library is closed will be waived. Reach out to us if you see fines on your account.
- Due dates: All due dates can be extended. Nothing should be due in the immediate future. Reach out to us if you need help extending a due date.
For general updates on accessing materials from Harvard Library, click here.