Answered By: Spruill Harder Last Updated: Feb 15, 2017 Views: 292
GSD graduates can take advantage of a number of services, including:
On-site access to the collections: A Loeb Library Access Card will allow swipe access into the library, and is available free of charge for alumni. Access to electronic resources is available from the public kiosk computers in the library, but no printing is available.
Loeb Library Borrowing privileges: A Loeb library Special Borrowers Card can be purchased for the discounted rate of $125/year or $50 for four months, and provides circulation privileges for the Frances Loeb library only.
To apply for either of these cards, please stop by the library services desk.
In addition, the Harvard College library offers the following privileges to all Harvard Alumni/ae:
- Free of charge, Harvard Alumni/ae are entitled to:
- HCL Stacks Access Card good for 6 days of access in each 12-month period (not necessarily consecutive)
- 6 items may be checked out from Widener Library in each 12-month period
- Unlimited access to the Phillips Reading Room
A HCL Special Borrowers Card may be purchased for the fees below.
- 1 Year: $200
- 6 months: $125
- 3 months: $75
- For Alumni/ae 65 years and older the fee is $50/year
- Necessary Documentation: A valid photo ID card. Privileges staff will verify alumna/us status. Please stop by the Widener Privileges office, Room 130 during library hours.
Access to the Avery Index and other electronic databases and journals is limited to current students, faculty, and staff only. However, the various Harvard catalogs (HOLLIS, VIA, OASIS) are available.
Looking for journal articles: try the Architectural Publications Index. This catalogue is an index to articles in over 300 architectural periodicals, as well as a listing of books and audio visual materials acquired by the RIBA Library|.
RefWorks Alumni Account:
RefWorks is an online tool designed to help researchers manage references and generate citations and bibliographies. This resource is now available free to Harvard alumni. Click here to learn how to register for a Harvard alumni RefWorks account, including how to transfer an account created while a student at Harvard.